Community for Kids

Home / Community for Kids

This section showcases kids’ creative efforts at drawing and painting, or writing poems, stories and articles. It is an open page that any child can send her/his contributions to.

33 items in this section. Displaying page 3 of 4

Global Warming

Konish Biswas, a student of Standard VIII puts forth his views on a problem that is affecting the whole planet. Nowadays as you know, there is a lot of pollution in the atmosphere. The level of carbon dioxide and other such gases (known as greenhouse gases) is rising. These gases trap the heat and do not let it escape from the atmosphere. Global Warming [Illustration by Sudheer Nath] When the presence of these gases goes beyond a level, the temperature rises....

Something Foolish

Something Foolish

Numerous events have happened in my life but the one that tops the list of foolish events is the one that happened sometime ago, on a Saturday. Something Foolish [Illustration by Sudheer Nath] As it was a holiday, I was at home. My mother had to buy some articles from the nearby general store. She left after ensuring that I had locked the door properly and said that she would return within 15 minutes....

Tawara Toda

Tawara Toda

In Japan, in 365 AD, the Yamato Empire flourished, gaining strength and fame with each passing year. The emperor Nintoku was a fierce warrior well-known for his conquests. In Nintoku’s army, there was a soldier named Tawara Toda. He was a poor and simple villager who was devoted to his land and emperor even though he was considered the joke of the army. Nintoku’s guards whipped him regularly, yet every night before sundown, in his prayers he would ask Lord Buddha to protect his emperor and keep his land from harm....

Best Day of the Term

Best Day of the Term

Best Day of the Term [Illustration by Navin Pangti] As I sat down to work out a page of sums on the first school day of 2001, I couldn’t help but think of that lovely day, the best day of the term, just three weeks ago. “Surbhi, give me your number! Hey, Aradhana! Wait for me, will you? Seen the ice cream man?” It was the last day of school before the winter vacations....

Box Full of Chocolates

Box Full of Chocolates

Third prize winner of Spin-A-Tale contest Once upon a time there lived two friends Ramesh and Ganesh. Both were very close to one another. They were inseparable. One day Ramesh spotted a juicy chocolate bar in a shop. Box Full of Chocolates [Illustration by Anup Singh] He wanted it desperately. The very thought of it made his mouth water. As he was dreaming about the chocolate, came his close friend Ganesh. Ramesh, that day had a new writing pencil....

Sister

Sister

Naman Saraf, a student of Standard IV, writes with feeling about what a sister means to him. Sister [Illustration by Anup Singh] What should I say about sisters? Sisters are like best friends. Whenever we have a difficulty, after our parents we look to our sisters. Sometimes they scold us, sometimes they take tender care. We all love our sisters. I, too, love my sister. She always helps me in my difficulty....

The Girl who Loved Danger

The Girl who Loved Danger

Once there was a lovely girl named Ginger. The one thing she loved the most was danger. There was only one reason she loved danger. She loved it because she had never faced any danger. She was forbidden to go any farther then the garden. Her father would not allow it because one day her mother went beyond the garden to get her scarf that had blown away. She never returned. Ginger was also the daughter of the richest man in Teton, where she lived....

Rani

Rani

Noopurmadhuri Tijare is studying in the sixth class at Mahila Samaj Primary School at Bhandara. My fast friend in the class. . She is a very different kind of girl. She never dropped her first position in the class. Rani [Illustration by Anup Singh] Her general awareness is very good. She is a good dancer and very good painter. She always tries to help others. . A few days back we were shocked when she announced that she was going to put a stall in Anand Mela during the Sharda Utsav....

Children in Harmful Professions

Children in Harmful Professions

Children in Harmful Professions [] Today in our country, only 40 per cent of the total children go to school. What about the other 60 per cent of the children? What do they do? The answer would shock many. The bulk of our child population is employed in hazardous and menial jobs. We see them in hotels and dhabas (roadside eateries) as waiters, working in factories and in houses as domestic help....

The Final Verdict

The Final Verdict

Khushboo Banka is a IX standard student of MB Girls High School, Calcutta. Here, she puts forth her views about Mother Earth. The Final Verdict [Illustration by Shinod AP] Beyond the horizon, stands Mother Nature waiting for the final verdict – her destruction. She is serving a life-term of millions of years and she is sentensed by her own children. Yes, us Humans. A few million years ago, when Nature became the mother of thousands of living things, she had not thought that her own children will become her murderers....

Source: https://www.pitara.com/community/

Pitara literally means ‘a chest full of surprises’. For 25 years (this website was started in 1998) we have been publishing original multi-cultural, multi-lingual and inclusive content to help kids explore, discover, learn, play, enjoy... All our content is copyright protected. If you wish to use our content ask us — some of the world's leading publishers regularly license our content.

© 1998 – 2024 Impellio Media Company