Pitara Kids Network Pvt. Limited knows and appreciates that information that you provide is sensitive.
Almost all the content on this site is available without registration and without providing any information. However, we do seek some information for you, sometimes. Especially when we are running some campaign, or promotion. When ever we seek information we ensure that it is kept confidential and is used very carefully and sensibly.
The information that we gather from customers helps us personalise and continually improve the quality of your experience with us. We give you some instances of the types of information that we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future interaction for you, improving our services and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many other web sites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our network sites.
- E-mail Communications: Whenever you write to us for some information or with some query.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources or places (such as if you participated in some Pitara event) and add it to our database.
Does Pitara Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business – we are not in the business of selling it to others. The information we receive or collect is used for enhancing the experience you have with us. We do not share customer information with anybody outside Pitara Kids Network Private Limited. And even within the organisation, it is shared with those who have a role in serving you better. Even when we send promotional offers to our select audience on behalf of other businesses, we do not give that business your name and address. Every communication that we send out carries remove instructions, and we respect your right to not receive any communications from us.
Under what cases or circumstances is the information shared?
- Legal Necessity: We may choose to release accounts and other personal information when it is necessary for complying with law or in the interests of protecting the rights, property or safety of Pitara, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive adequate notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have the option of choosing not to share the information.
- For dispatch of prizes and awards: From time to time we run sponsored contents and promotions, which have prizes associated with them. Often the prizes are dispatched by third party vendors or by the sponsors. For this purpose we may share the information with them.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such features as All About You, Wish List and Customer Reviews. You can add or update certain information on pages where you have earlier provided the information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, you can remove yourself from the list by following instructions given at the bottom of all such mails.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions